Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Ilayaraja - The Maestro and The Magician of Music World





Ilayaraja with P.Susheela

Ilayaraja, Yesudas, Chitra and Fazil

Ilayaraja, what an effect he has made in my life by his mind blowing music.

I am not an expert in understanding the finer nuances of music, and i am sure there will be countless debates amongst a lot of critics and experts as to why Ilayaraja may or may not be the best. But according to me he is the best, because i can listen to his music whenever I am in any kindoff mood (happy, moody, sad, romantic) and it actuals betters my mood.

Right now i am away from my family I owe it to his music to keep me sane. I owe him a big thanks for bringing a smile and peace in me whenever I listen to his music. Hopefully someday I will get to meet the maestro in person, so that I can thank him personally for all the happiness he has brought to me and millions of other music lovers.

He is truly one of a kind and a living legend, a maestro and a magician of the music world.

4 comments:

Ruchi Dass said...

Hey friend win MONEY i.e 45 INR by coming to ruchibhatt.blogspot.com and then clicking on moneycosmos.com sequentially from one by one step on right hand side top on my blog!279671 is ur sponsor code as I m sponsoring ur blog.next step is getting ur site regd. for free traffic as I m sponsoring ur blog with my sponsor code 133696 at freeviral.com. these are learning stages, I learnt it from score hackers at IBIBO.i got the money! u also collect urs.

Krishnan said...

Dude,
Short and sweet. A nice one. And yeah, I guess we could go on and write for pages together on the genius of Ilaiyaraaja but we are not here to prove a point. I feel he is one of the finest musicians that the world has ever produced and am happy that hes stayed within the confines of our land, atleast that way we had the oppurtunity to listen to all of his work in whatever form they were. Long hail Ilaiyaraaja!

I thought the pics were cool. Where did you get it from?

-Krish

Praveen said...

yes u r right...
ilaiyaraja is one of the best musicians

Rakesh Sivan said...

HE is the first and last word of the emotion called 'music'. Try listening to any of HIS songs instrumental music only (karaoke).. Do we really need the 'lyrics' part then ?? HIS music has life and blood within, lyrics is just a guest there. If we need solace, try this alternative.. instead of meditating.. listen to HIS music, correct me if I am wrong.

I don't believe in saying 'ardent fan' or 'die hard fan'.. because HIS position should be more than anything in one's mind..Putting simply, there is no music beyond HIM. Do we really have any alternative to this genius ??